Subject: Re: Candidate agenda items

Some of my input to Wednesday's meeting:

At 00/09/29 15:41 -0400, David_Marston@lotus.com wrote:
>1. Should we publish our catalog of discretionary items in some forum where
>XSLT processor developers would see it and would be encouraged to provide
>data about the choices they made?

I'd like to see this published on our web site and announced in the mail
lists and at the public meetings.  But we don't have to copy the message
verbatim onto the web site, as I think all we need to do on our web site
under a new section titled something like "Documents of note for public
review and comment" would be links to the mail list archives.

Carmelo, could you please add such a section with the following items:

  - The Catalog of Vague, final September 2000 edition
  - Test Case Markup, Wooden Man edition

Please note in this new section that the public is invited to comment to
the xslt-conformance-comment@lists.oasis-open.org address.  Also, please
now remove my own email address and note prominently somewhere that if
anyone wishes to send any comments to the committee they are to use the
publicly archived xslt-conformance-comment@lists.oasis-open.org address.

>2. Do we want to apply the notion of "categories" to the test cases?

Yes.  And I think a given test case can apply to more than one
category.  Given our suite configuration is based on XSLT, then selecting
tests will probably be based on node sets and any union operations would
therefore result in the multiple category selection of a given test only
being selected once.

>3. How do we want to measure conformance to errata?

Would we not consider any erratum to be as weighty as the original document?

--
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/