Subject: Direction received regarding namespace URI values

Hi folks,

I've received some direction from Norm Walsh and others regarding our
choice of namespace URI values for our work.

My suggestion was modified to be as follows as an example:

    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xslt/ns/testcase

As we divine the need for other URI values, we can follow the above example.

Remembering that namespace URI values are *not* URL locations on the web,
my prior use of a filename extension was considered to promote the
misunderstanding.  However, this does not prohibit us from still having
information available through a URL that has the same URI as our namespaces.

Therefore, I recommend we create a directory associated with each committee
namespace URI chosen and put an index.html file therein that documents the
fact that the URI entered into a browser by the browser user is, indeed, a
namespace URI and direct them to the home page of our committee.

--
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/