Subject: Tin Man Design Question 11 - to vote Jan. 9th?

Here is one of the issues identified in my message titled
"Test Case Markup & Cataloging, Tin Man edition" that I sent
to this list on 12/1/2000:
11. How do we accommodate operational scenarios that are
    local to the test lab?

DISCUSSION:
I expect that our catalog will not cover every variation in
running the tests. The <Scenario> element should allow for
local expansion, which means that a test lab would take our
test catalog and its DTD and edit them as required. Rather
than just opening the door for all editing, we can define
some parts where editing is anticipated, and give a naming
scheme that will isolate the local changes. Test lab people
should think about this and comment.

After discussion, one definition of extendability of the
catalog and DTD should be presented as a motion, then we
should vote.
.................David Marston