Subject: Prototype 3 ready for download

Prototype 3 has been posted to our work page:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xslt/work.html

I've attached the enclosed readme.txt below.

This incorporates David's latest changes to the discretionary document and
my subsequent harmonization of specification citations across all documents.

The files are not well documented yet, and I haven't started work on the
merge yet.  I would like the design to settle down first, so please review
the document models and the source and report of discretionary items.

When we are all agreed the discretionary document and test catalogue meet
the known requirements and the document models become (fairly) stable, I
will move on to the act of merging input catalogues into the merged
catalogue.  This will require the xsl:number test mini-catalogues to be
converted to the new document models ... would those who worked on the
earlier xsl:number mini-catalogues please review the new document models
for their suitability.  If no problems are found, please update the
mini-catalogues and forward them to my attention.

David, I need a better understanding of your planned use of version-drop,
errata-drop, and errata-add, described from the point of view of how you
want that information processed.  Given the new piecemeal maintenance of
specification versions and documents, do we still need these properties?

Thanks!

......................... Ken

Prototype XSLT Conformance Test Suite Validation and Construction
$Id: readme.txt,v 1.2 2001/07/21 01:30:13 Administrator Exp $

The following files are included (alphabetical):

citation.dtd   - declaration subset for common citations across models
collcat.dtd    - document model for a test collection catalogue
config.dtd     - document model for the configuration of a test suite
disc.dtd       - document model for the catalogue of discretionary items
disc2htm.xsl   - present the catalogue of discretion in HTML
submits.dtd    - document model for the collection of collections submitted
test.bat       - test validation invocation
testcat.xml    - a test catalogue exercising validation
valcat.xsl     - validate a test suite catalogue instance
valcfg.xsl     - validate a suite configuration instance
valdisc.xsl    - validate a catalogue of discretionary items
xsltcfg.xml    - configuration of test suite for XSLT features
xsltdisc.htm   - HTML presentation of XSLT catalogue of discretionary items
xsltdisc.xml   - catalogue of discretionary items for XSLT
xsltsubs.xml   - test collection of collections

The following batch files are anticipated to be in the system:

xml.bat        - process %1 with a validating processor
xsl.bat        - process source %1 with stylesheet %2 to output %3

Once all the files in the package are unzipped to an MSDOS directory,
enter "test" to validate all XML files both semantically (using XSLT)
and syntactically (using the batch file "xml.bat" (not supplied)).

<end/>

--
G. Ken Holman                      mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.               http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/

Training Blitz: 3-days XSLT/XPath, 2-days XSLFO in Ottawa 2001-10-01/05