Subject: RE: Revised Submission & Review Policy docs and draft Submission Manual

I'd like to suggest a response cutoff of 12:00noon Eastern on Thursday
(9-20).  Let me know if your comments must come later.

On reviewing the file type issues, I've pretty much talked myself out of the
xml-->xslt-->html logic.  Since all we're doing is decorating text (not
transforming it), I think we get most of the benefit of separating
abstraction from representation by maintaining a single external style sheet
(CSS) that is referenced within source HTML files.  This makes sense
especially for the Submission & Review Policy docs because they should not
change very much once they're complete.  If another documenter on this
project (or some other OASIS conformance project) decides to use xslt, the
.css file could still be invoked to control formatting.  That will give a
uniform appearance to all our documentation.  Of course, I'm not the least
bit attached to the actual style choices in the .css file; these may be
revised at any time at the group's discretion.

Thanks for your quick responses David.  I'll respond to David's & others'
comments in separate emails.

Cris
Overdomain, LLC