Subject: RE: Revised Review Policy

>> Revised Review Policy
> David

I don't recall the genesis of that sentence; but it's meaning doesn't seem
especially clear to me either.  I suggest we strike everything after the
semi-colon and replace it with "to the Specification on the basis of
output."

> >To the extent possible, Committee Reviewers should remove
> >tests exhibiting interpretive behaviors.
>
> How about: ...tests whose reference result constitutes interpretation
> of the spec, unless the test is cataloged with a Committee-approved
> gray-area designation.

Yes, that sounds like an improvement in clarity.

> >1. At least two Reviewers will check off on each test.  Only the
> >assessment of a single member is required for the test to be included
> >in the draft release.
>
> Is it: one reviewer's Accept is sufficient? One reviewer's Reject or
> remand is sufficient to cause exclusion, but two Accepts to accept?

I don't believe that has been determined yet.  Sounds like another Committee
call.  I vote to leave the sentence appropriately vague until we know
specifically how it works.

> >7.3 Reviewers report that all tests in a given hierarchy have been
> >examined, including a summary of findings of tests not to be included
> >in the resulting suite.
>
> As mentioned in earlier 1-1 email, I think our system should allow
> each reviewer to sent a batch of decisions (in XML?) after each
> time they do some reviewing. In other words, piecemeal updates.

Yes, that makes sense.  I'll change it so we're not appearing to lock
Reviewers into examining all tests at once.  I don't think that was the
intent.

> >8.5 The Reviewers will continue testing the files until all the
> >hierarchies are covered.
>
> I think it's "reviewing test cases until all categories are covered."
> .................David Marston

Thanks, I'll change the wording.