Subject: Re: [xslt-conformance] Page

Carmelo,

At 03:59 PM 10/30/01 -0500, Carmelo Montanez wrote:
Hi All:

    I made the committe's page more "OASIS compliant".   Should the
"charter" section be changed?,  Please comment.

Main comment:  it is not clear how the two paragraphs of "Charter" express our charter or mission.  A minimal change would be to replace the 2nd paragraph with something like:

"Members of the XSLT/Xpath conformance committee, as well as the public at large, have developed sets of conformance tests. The mission of the OASIS XSLT/XPath conformance committee is to develop the processes, tools and methods to integrate these disparate test-set contributions into a comprehensive XSLT/Xpath conformance test suite."

Editorial nits on 1st pgph:

* something like "gains" or "advances" might be better than "waves".

* last sentence, "are increasing" should be "is increasing"; and, the last phrase could use a verb, e.g., append "arises." to the sentence.

Ben and Lofton,
is the term "expert contributor" ok?

It's fine (very flattering!)

Thanks,