Subject: RE: [xslt-conformance] Another lead on HTML output comparison

Thanks, Dave!
This seem to be exactly what we need for Java platform. Unfortunetely I cannot look at this stuff (for obvious reasons) - anybody else can?

-----Original Message-----
From: David_Marston@lotus.com [mailto:David_Marston@lotus.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 1:05 PM
To: xslt-conformance@lists.oasis-open.org

On an Apache mailing list, someone suggested looking at the "JavaCC
HTML Parser" at
http://www.quiotix.com/downloads/html-parser/

Quoting that page:
"This is a JavaCC grammar for parsing HTML documents. It does not enforce
the DTD, but instead builds a simple parse tree which can be used to
validate, reformat, display, analyze, or edit the HTML document. The goal
was to produce a parse tree which threw away very little information
contained in the source file, so that by dumping the parse tree, an almost
identical copy of the input document would result. The only source
information discarded by the parser is whitespace inside of tags (i.e.,
the spaces or newlines between the attributes of a tag.) It is not confused
by things that look like tags inside of quoted strings."

Maybe we could build on that foundation?
.................David Marston