Subject: [xslt-conformance] Status report on packaging the pilot release - nearready

As far as I know, the plan is still that our Call For Submissions will
tell the potential submitters to download a ZIP file from our Web site.
Once they unZIP it, they should read README.txt as the first action,
then reading other files as directed and as pertinent to their role and
interest. All files should be in the ZIP, so that it is not necessary to
surf to the OASIS website for any piece of it.

ISSUE: The submission procedure tells the submitter to send a ZIP file
to us. If I don't hear anything different in the next few hours, I am
going to put the URL of the Committee's upload page, and specify that
the submitter should also send a note to the Committee mailing list
(this list) to say it was uploaded.

In the next release, you will see that we have a directory tree rather
than the flat collection of Prototype 8. Some directories (DOCS and
SYSTEM) are read-only, while the rest are intended to have additional
sub-trees. A more complete example is already in place, for those who
like to imitate what is provided.

Below is a report of the documentation files and their status. Files
are listed in somewhat-logical order. After the set aimed at Submitters,
group A is for those who want more information about the generic testing
framework, group B is for XSLT developers, and group C is mainly aimed
at Test Labs.

1. Manifest and overview - README.txt

2. Submission Policy - DOCS/subguide.htm

3. Submission Procedure - DOCS/howtosub.htm
to tweak the wording in some places, plus figure out how to DocBook it.

4. Review Policy - DOCS/reviews.htm
submitters will know what to expect.

5. Catalog of Discretion - DOCS/xsltdisc.htm

6. Cataloging Tips - DOCS/xsltcfg.htm
Submission Procedure.

A1. Explanation of our test system - DOCS/xsltreg.htm

A2. Explanation of citations - DOCS/citation.htm
found in citation.dtd.

B1. Developer questionnaire - DOCS/xsltDevQ.htm
Catalog of Discretion and the stylesheet that creates this file to
provide an intro specific to the questionnaire.)

C1. Test Lab Guidelines - DOCS/labguide.htm

I think we now have something ready to post as the Call For Submissions
package. Any last-minute issues?
.................David Marston