Subject: Re: [xslt-conformance] Last Call for your opinion about publicavailability of submitted tests, pre-review

Carmelo wrote:
>Now ... publishing the submissions may bring another issue.  What if
>someone out there decides to evaluate the tests?, are we going to take
>that into consideration?

Clearly, we should use their interest as a lever to get them to join
the committee! Beyond that, we should try to use any well-reasoned
input as resource material for the reviews we perform as individuals.
But when it comes time for the whole Committee to resolve the status
of a questionable test case, only Committee members should talk (or
otherwise interact) about it and vote. That would reinforce the idea
that people who want to sit in judgment should join. (This is IMH?O,
of course.)

People can discover the submissions and post about them to XSL-list.
I don't think we should get too agitated about that, because we need
to review the cases under our process rather than join any debates
before reviewing. Let's hope that any such postings bring more gains
in publicity than losses in criticism.
.................David Marston