Subject: [xslt-conformance] Agenda for September Teleconference 2002-09-2513:30 EDT

OASIS XSLT/XPath Conformance Voting Member Meeting

Agenda for August Meeting in Cambridge, MA and via Teleconference
2002-08-28 13:30-15:30EDT

Roll call and quorum
   Expected voting members:
     Tom Amiro, Sun Microsystems
     Lofton Henderson
     Pranav Kandula, Microsoft Corporation
     David Marston, Lotus Development Corp.
     Carmelo Montanez, NIST
     Dimitre Novatchev, Individual Member
   Expected observers:
     Jeff Kenton, Individual Member (2002-07-25)
     Zarella Rendon, Individual Member
     Alex Milowski, Individual Member (2002-05-02)
     Amr Yassin, Philips Research
     Bob Lojek

Agenda
  - amendments -
  - motion to accept: 1: 2:

Minutes of the last meeting
  - review of minutes of last meeting 2002-08-28
  - motion to accept minutes of meeting: 1: 2:

Reports of standing committees:
  - Comparing Output and Role of Canonical XML - Carmelo, Pranav
  - Discretionary Items (stable; no report expected) - Dave, Pranav
  - Web Site Maintenance - Carmelo

Outstanding action items
  - 20000906-ACT-9: (Carmelo) model and prototype rendition control
instance and XHTML production working with Ken's results - Dimitre
and Carmelo were to discuss
  - Some Microsoft tests need a second review

Agenda items
  1. Status codes in review tracking

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xslt-conformance/200208/msg00005.html
  2. Convenience tools for reviewers? Checklist?
  3. Substantive issue: value set to non-number

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xslt-conformance/200209/msg00001.html
  4. Substantive issue: from and count have the same pattern

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xslt-conformance/200209/msg00003.html
  5. Substantive issue: no nodes to count yet

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xslt-conformance/200209/msg00005.html
  6. Substantive issue: from not yet encountered (level=single|multiple)

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xslt-conformance/200209/msg00006.html
  7. Substantive issue: when to render a zero

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xslt-conformance/200209/msg00008.html
  8. How to handle reviews by non-members. What if they have issues
    like items 3-7 above? What if they don't agree to our policies?
  9. Vote on more categories where we will solicit submissions.
    keys
    axes in XPath
    generated elements (xsl:element)
    generated attributes (xsl:attribute)
    literal result elements
    copying (xsl:copy, xsl:copy-of)
    sort
    xsl:apply-imports
    format-number()
    others?
  10. Planning for release of a working test harness and suite. What parts
    need more work?

New and old action items for next meeting

Next meeting dates
  - October 23(?) teleconference
  - November
  - Who's going to XML 2002 in Baltimore, December 8-13?
  - When can we have another face-to-face?

Membership
  - welcome to new observer members
  - ascension of some observers to member status
    - interests and inclinations of participants
  - who will take on the role of chair or acting chair?
    - must be a voting member
    - see http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.shtml

Acknowledgements

Adjournment