Subject: [xslt-conformance] Minutes from September teleconference

OASIS XSLT/XPath Conformance Voting Member Meeting

Minutes for September Teleconference 2002-09-25 13:30-15:30EDT

Roll call and quorum
   Present:
     Lofton Henderson
     David Marston, IBM Research
     Carmelo Montanez, NIST
     Pranav Kandula, Microsoft Corporation
     Jeff Kenton, Observer, DataPower (2002-07-25)
     Zarella Rendon, Observer (2002-08-28)
     Morris Kwan, Observer, IBM (2002-09-25)
     Sarah McNamara, Observer, IBM (2002-09-25)
     Jonas Sicking, Observer, Mozilla (2002-09-25)
   Regrets:
     (none)
   Absent:
     Tom Amiro, Sun Microsystems
     Dimitre Novatchev
     (and a couple observers we expected)

Agenda
  - amendments - (none)
  - motion to accept: 1: Pranav 2: Carmelo

Minutes of the last meeting
  - review of minutes of last meeting 2002-08-28
  - motion to accept minutes of meeting: 1: Carmelo 2: Pranav

Membership
  - welcome to new voting members
    - Jeff Kenton and Zarella Rendon became voting members at the end
      of the meeting. We now have seven voting members.
  - membership dilemma
    - Dimitre is not affiliated with a member organization and is not
      an individual member, so can't have voting status. We welcome
      his contributions, however.
  - welcome to new observer members
    - This is the first appearance for Morris, Sarah, and Jonas;
      Morris wants to join, Sarah wants to observe, not sure about
      Jonas or Mozilla representation
  - who will take on the role of Chair or Acting Chair?
    - Jeff wants the job and has no challengers; voted in as Chair by
      all voting members present
    - mail list change is required for chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

Reports of standing committees:
  - Comparing Output and Role of Canonical XML - no report
  - Discretionary Items (stable; no report expected) - no report
  - Web Site Maintenance - Carmelo will continue normal maintenance

Outstanding action items
  - 20000906-ACT-9: (Carmelo) model and prototype rendition control
    instance and XHTML production working with Ken's results
    - Some discussion had occurred between Carmelo and Dimitre
  - 20011217-ACT-1: (All) Test reviews, tracked by Carmelo
    - See web page for status
      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xslt/reviewedTests091102.html
      or follow link from "Work Page" as the date portion changes
    - Some Microsoft tests need a second review

Agenda items
  - Status codes in review tracking
    - When a remanded test comes back for a second look, we decided to
      refer it to the same reviewers who saw it before
    - Dave wrote up other workflow issues after the meeting and sent them
      to the list
  - Convenience tools for reviewers?
    - Tom introduced this issue, but was not present to advocate any
      particular tools, and nobody else had requests
  - Substantive issues with xsl:number
    - Voted to refer all 5 to the XSL WG
    - Dave to submit; might not be 5 separate messages (20020925-ACT-1)
  - How to handle reviews by non-members?
    - Carmelo will track reviews as they arrive, take as more input
    - We won't assign reviews to non-members
  - How close are we to opening our call for submissions to more
    categories of test cases?
      - Iterative process settled on a few areas for next Call for
        Submissions: axes, xsl:key, xsl:sort, variables/parameters
      - Mozilla may have a few tests to submit
      - Microsoft intended to make their tests public through the
        Committee, not sure if/how they will respond to other
        requests for their whole suite
  - Planning for release of a working test harness and suite. What parts
    need more work?
    - Jeff, in his inaugural address, said he hoped we could advance on
      this front while also reviewing more tests

New and old action items for next meeting
  - 20000906-ACT-9: (Carmelo) model and prototype rendition control
instance and XHTML production working with Ken's results
  - 20011217-ACT-1: (All) Test reviews, tracked by Carmelo
  - 20020925-ACT-1: (DM) Submit errata requests to WG

Next meeting dates
    - October: teleconference 23-Oct, 13:30-15:30; NIST provides
    - November: teleconference possibly 20-Nov
    - Baltimore conference? ZR and CM likely, possible: LH, JK, DM
    - No face-to-face happened in August. Should have one early in 2003.

Acknowledgements
  - many thanks to NIST for provision of the teleconference facilities
    today

Adjournment
  - 15:15EDT