Subject: [xslt-conformance] Minutes from October Teleconference

OASIS XSLT/XPath Conformance Voting Member Meeting

Minute from October Meeting -- via Teleconference 2002-10-23 13:30-15:30EDT

Roll call and quorum
     Voting members present:
       Tom Amiro, Sun Microsystems
       Lofton Henderson
       Pranav Kandula, Microsoft Corporation
       Jeff Kenton, DataPower Technology
       David Marston, Lotus Development Corp.
       Carmelo Montanez, NIST
       Zarella Rendon, Individual Member
     Observers present:
       Morris Kwan, IBM (9/25/2002)
       Dimitre Novatchev

Agenda
    - amendments - (none)
    - motion to accept:  1: Pranav     2: Dave

Minutes of the last meeting
    - review of minutes of last meeting 2002-09-25
    - motion to accept minutes of meeting:  1: Lofton     2: Tom

Reports of standing committees:
    - Comparing Output and Role of Canonical XML - Carmelo, Pranav
      >> No report, but some discussion.  See action items, below.
    - Discretionary Items (stable; no report expected) - Dave, Pranav
    - Web Site Maintenance - Carmelo (stable)

Outstanding action items
      - Carmelo: model and prototype rendition control instance and XHTML
production
        working with Ken's results - Dimitre and Carmelo were to discuss
      >> Several people had questions about the createxmlRenditionInstance.xsl
      and createhtmlRenditionInstance.xsl stylesheets that Carmelo emailed on
      10/10/2002.  There wasn't opportunity to complete the discussion.  Expect
      more email on this shortly.
    - Dave Marston:  email xsl:number questions to XSLT Committee
    >> Done immediately after meeting.  Unofficial reply received from Michael
      Kay.  Official WC reply expected.

Agenda items
Review of where we stand, where we are going, and how we plan to get there,
for each of the 3 major deliverables:
      - Tests
      >> Currently:  150 xsl:number tests
      >> Expect/need: as many as 5000, covering all of XSLT and XPath
      >> Next steps: 800 tests from Pranav, plus 1800 Xalan tests.  We also have a
      letter from Michael Kay's publisher, allowing us to use 62 tests from
his book.

      - Test packaging
      >> The current packaging uses zip files, preserving the directory structure
      received from the submitting organization.  The concensus was that this is
      adequate, and that no new work is required in this area.

      - Test harness
      >> Requires more discussion.  Expect more email shortly.

New and old action items for next meeting
     - Carmelo: model and prototype rendition control instance and XHTML
production
     - New tests from Pranav and Xalan.
     - WC: reply expected to our xsl:number questions.

Next meeting dates
    - November 20:  Microsoft has volunteered to provide the teleconference lines.
    - December 18 is possible, but inconvenient for some.

Membership
    - No new observers nor voting members this month.

Acknowledgements
    - Many thanks to Dave Marston for holding the committee together since last
      spring, and for helping to create a smooth transition for the new chairman.
    - Thanks to Carmelo and NIST for providing teleconferencing facilities today.

Adjournment -- 14:25

--
Jeff Kenton