Subject: [xslt-conformance] Minutes of November Teleconference: Wednesday2002-11-20

OASIS XSLT/XPath Conformance Voting Member Meeting

Minutes of November Meeting -- via Teleconference
2002-11-20 13:30-15:30EDT

Roll call and quorum
      Voting members:
        Tom Amiro, Sun Microsystems
        Pranav Kandula, Microsoft Corporation
        Jeff Kenton, DataPower Technology
        David Marston, Lotus Development Corp.
        Carmelo Montanez, NIST
      Observers:
        Morris Kwan, IBM (2002-09-25)
        Patrick Curran, Sun

Agenda
     - amendments -
     - motion to accept: Dave, Pranav

Minutes of the last meeting
     - review of minutes of last meeting 2002-10-23
     - motion to accept minutes of meeting: Pranav, Dave

Reports of standing committees:
     - Comparing Output and Role of Canonical XML - Carmelo, Pranav
       Nothing to report
     - Discretionary Items (stable; no report expected) - Dave, Pranav
       Nothing to report
     - Web Site Maintenance - Carmelo
       Nothing to report

Outstanding action items
     - Carmelo: model and prototype rendition control
       Questions raised:
            How to handle discretionary items? (Dave)
            Raise errors or not? (Pranav)
       Resolution:
            Issue warnings for discretionary items, but accept results rather
            than raise errors.

     - Dave Marston:  email xsl:number questions to XSLT Committee
       Michael Kay has commented, but the WG has not given an official reply.
       MK pointed to the 2.0 working draft for guidance.

Agenda items
     - Tests: acquire and validate
       Pranav was unable to use a Microsoft web page to hold the tests.  He and
       Carmelo are looking into putting them on the committee's OASIS web site.
       So, we have tests available, but no place to put them for the committee to
       use.  We hope to have this resolved within a week!

     - Prototype test suite
       Questions:
            Does the Guide need work?
            Comparison routines?
                Do we have any? For XML? HTML? Text?
                Pranav will check.
                Tom suggested VMTools as an alternative.  Don't know how good
they are.
       Decisions:
           We will produce they prototype test suite by 8 January 2003.
           Jeff and Patrick have volunteered to test the suite (or provide
testers).
           The pressure is on!

New and old action items for next meeting
      - xsl:number questions awaiting answers from XSLT WG (Dave)
      - webpage for new tests (Pranav and Carmelo)
      - Review test suite Guide (Dave? Not sure anyone really volunteered for
this)
      - Comparison routines (Pranav to check what we have)
      - Test the test suite once it's packaged (Patrick and Jeff)

Next meeting dates
     - Tuesday, December 17.  Carmelo (NIST) has volunteered to provide the
phones.
     - Thursday, January 23?

Membership
     - Welcome to Patrick Curran of Sun.  He will probably assign one of his
people to
       represent Sun for him by the next meeting.
     - Morris Kwan of IBM is now eligible to be a voting member of the
committee, but
       has chosen to remain an observer for now.

Acknowledgements
    Thanks to Pranav and Microsoft for providing the phone lines for this meeting.

--
Jeff Kenton