Subject: [xslt-conformance] [Fwd: [chairs] Kavi training in Baltimore]

Folks:

I will not be in Baltimore for the XML 2002 Conference. Will any committee
member planning be at the conference who is interested in representing us
at this session?

jeff

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [chairs] Kavi training in Baltimore
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:48:43 -0500
From: dee schur <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

Chairs:

OASIS is in the process of finalizing an agreement with Kavi
(www.kavi.com) to provide us with a system that will provide
functionality to help run our TCs. The Kavi system will include an OASIS
membership database, TC membership roster with automated membership and
eligibility tracking, email, balloting, document respository, dynamic
creation of TC web pages, etc. We're confident that this system will
provide both the TCs as well as OASIS staff the means to better operate
our TCs.

We will have an orientation/training session on Thursday evening, 12
December at 6:30 - 8:00  p.m. in room 306 of the Baltimore Convention
Center.
(This is at the XML 2002 conference, though you don't have to be a
conference attendee to attend this session.) We would like to have, if
possible, a representative from each TC in attendance, preferably the
chair but otherwise a vice chair, secretary, editor, or webmaster, as
each of these functions will somehow be effected by the adoption of this
new system. Please make an attempt to have one of these people there to
represent your TC.

The Kavi system will be implemented at OASIS over the next couple of
months, so while this event may be a bit early for training we would
like to take advantage of this opportunity of having many of you in one
place at one time to provide some orientation and introduction to the
system and to get your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you there. Please contact me if you have any
questions.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS