Subject: Re: [xslt-conformance] Public documents should be reinstated on our publicWeb page

DM>I was proposing to make the documents readable by the public
DM>at large.

JK>I think they're out of date, and don't belong in public view without
JK>revision.

Okay, let's take them one at a time....

Submission Policies (subguide.htm)
The main question of obsolescence is about the TC reviewing all the
submitted cases. This does provide good coverage of our ideals for a
test case. Should at least be internal, but public if we will still
take submissions.

Review Policies (reviews.htm)
Again, the main question of obsolescence is about the TC reviewing all
the submitted cases. But it is our policy about how we do reviews, and
it has been cited as a good example of such a policy. Either reason
alone would suffice for it to be public.

Catalog of Discretion (xsltdisc.htm)
This is so up-to-date it even includes the new discretionary choice
created in Erratum E24. It's also a key part of how we convince the WG
to write better-testable specs in the future. It has already been
cited elsewhere as a standalone document. Should be public!

Catalog of Vague
I'd have to dig out this document. As I recall, we changed the workings
of it as the xsl:number pilot was being cataloged. Possibly should be
kept internal.

draft of Test Lab Guidelines (labguide.htm)
Not obsolete, but incomplete. Then again, publishing drafts is part of
the open-source process. If we *ever* expect anyone to put our test
suite to use, this document should be public!

Submission Procedure (howtosub.htm)
Useful if we will still take submissions, and it also explains the
catalog format. Fully up-to-date as far as I know. Should be public
because the catalog format is being cited by others.
.................David Marston