Subject: Minutes for November Teleconference of OASIS XSLT Conformance TC

Minutes for October meeting -- November 18, 2004 (via teleconference)
(scribed by DM)

Voting members present:
David Marston, IBM Research
Joanne Tong, IBM Toronto
June Ng, IBM Toronto
Gauri Sharma, Sun

Regrets:
Zarella Rendon

Agenda items
- Past minutes accepted
- Suite development: Gauri looked at the current Xalan test suite,
  and may have some questions. She doesn't have a team yet.
- Joanne reports that the XSL WG hopes that some of its members
  will contribute 2.0 tests, but they would prefer to use our
  suite for the 1.0 base (that will also apply to 2.0). That should
  not be taken to indicate that they have a repository or want to
  do maintenance; they just need a suite to demonstrate the
  existence of of conformant (interoperable) implementations of 2.0
  in order to exit the Candidate Recommendation stage. In the style
  of testing and reporting for XSL:FO, test sites were able to call
  into question individual test cases or the spec provisions from
  which the cases were derived. DM responds by indicating that we
  need to prioritize on annotating the test cases that apply to
  discretionary items.

Membership
- No activity on this front

Next meeting dates
- December 16
- January 27 has been proposed

Acknowledgements
  Thanks to Joanne/IBM for providing the phones for the meeting