Subject: For Thursday's agenda: need to discuss new IPR policy

Your attention is directed to Patrick Gannon's email to members on Feb. 7 entitled "Notification of Revised IPR Policy & New IPR Transition Policy" and the actual new Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) policy at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php
and the non-normative FAQ at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/ipr_faq.php

I think our TC will need to discuss this at this Thursday's teleconference, and possibly take a straw poll. Here's what I see in it:
1. IBM and Sun members probably have familiarity with this type of thing. We are also Apache contributors, so I'd like to talk about whether there are entanglements across the two.
2. "Individual" members should note the "who owns your IP?" issue.
3. Lurkers on this list should note OASIS' intent to make all input to a TC flow through a channel where you will have to grant a Feedback License. This makes mailing lists harder to use. Most of the feedback we have received for the past two years (at least) has been about whether particular test cases accurately reflect the requirements of the specs, which should not raise any concerns about the provisions of the Feedback License. I think that you have until April 15th to send feedback without having to sign the license terms.