Subject: Re: [xslt-conformance-comment] Comment on Namespace__78027

You complained about the test being characterized as an error test when the stylesheet element has a version attribute, but it is set to a non-number value.

>The catalog says this is an error, but the XSLT spec requires this to be treated in forwards compatible mode:
>An element enables forwards-compatible mode for itself, its attributes, its descendants and their attributes if >either it is an xsl:stylesheet element whose version attribute is not equal to 1.0
>Note the lack of a requirement that this be numerically greater than 1.0. It simply has to be anything other than >1.0, including the empty string.

I think that 2.2 covers it: it says that the value must be a number in the syntax chart, and then goes on to say that the value "should" be 1.0. I think the sentence saying it "...must have a version attribute, indicating the version of XSLT..." closes any remaining gap.
.................David Marston