xspa message

Subject: FW: Request for agenda items for XSPA meeting tomorrow.

David Staggs, JD, CISSP (SAIC)
Veterans Health Administration
Chief Health Informatics Office
Emerging Health Technologies

From: Davis, John M.
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:01 AM
To: Staggs, David (SAIC); 'Brett Burley'; 'Duane DeCouteau'

1.  We should propose two profiles:

a.  The generic international one identifying the required/optional attributes-fill in your own OID

b.  The U.S. realm one that we have been working on that will support the HIMSS Interop

2.  New vocabulary to add – SNOMED CT

3.  It was proposed to remove the tutorial material from the front of the profiles and create a single new (separate) document for this.  I concur.

4.  I’ll offer up the enclosed diagram which shows the relationship between security (roles) and privacy (constraints) based upon a defined vocabulary (SNOMED CT).  This can be part of 3.

5.  As a work item, I’d propose we add the HITSP TP20.  Since the profiles support the, the TC should approve it.

Regards, Mike Davis, CISSP

CHIO Emerging Health Technologies

Security Architect

760-632-0294