xspa message

Subject: RE: [xspa] minutes of 29 August 2008 TC Meeting

Tony

WRT links to HL7, we have high visibility.  One XSPA member (Mike Davis) spoke at the last HL7 plenary meeting (Phoenix) on the RSA XACML InterOp and the creation of the XSPA TC.  We also briefed the HL7 Security TC on the creation of XSPA.

Next week the 22nd Annual Plenary and Working Group Meeting will open in Vancouver.  We will brief the HL7 security TC on XSPA.  There are work items in that group and CBCC (Community Based Collaborative Care) that we are referencing in the XPSA profile.

I am attending a HITSP meeting this week and speaking with both HL7 and IHE representatives about participating in the XSPA TC.

Regards,

David

David Staggs, JD, CISSP (SAIC)
Veterans Health Administration
Chief Health Informatics Office
Emerging Health Technologies

From: Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:00 PM
To: Staggs, David (SAIC)
Cc: xspa@lists.oasis-open.org

So is our linkage with HL7 the same as we pointed out relative to IHE ? I want tto make sure we have the proper links into industry

Inactive hide details for "Staggs, David (SAIC)" ---09/03/2008 12:53:40 PM---Cross-enterprise Security and Privacy Authorizatio"Staggs, David (SAIC)" ---09/03/2008 12:53:40 PM---Cross-enterprise Security and Privacy Authorization (XSPA) TC

"Staggs, David (SAIC)" <David.Staggs@va.gov>

<xspa@lists.oasis-open.org>

09/03/2008 12:53 PM

[xspa] minutes of 29 August 2008 TC Meeting

Cross-enterprise Security and Privacy Authorization (XSPA) TC

August 29, 2008

1. Roll Call

Voting Members:

Brett Burley, (Near Infinity Corporation) Veterans Health Administration

Duane DeCouteau, (EdmondsScientific) Veterans Health Administration

Mike Davis, Veterans Health Administration

Mike McIntosh, IBM

John Moehrke, GE Healthcare*

Anthony Nadalin, IBM

David Staggs, (SAIC) Veterans Health Administration

Non-voting Members:

Anil Tappetla, Cisco Systems

Members gaining voting member status:

Brett Burley, (Near Infinity Corporation) Veterans Health Administration

John Moehrke, GE Healthcare*

Mike McIntosh, IBM

Members losing voting status:

Anil Saldhana, RedHat

Quorum achieved (seven out of seven voting members).

2. Administrative

Vote on Minutes from 15 August 2008

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xspa/email/archives/200808/msg00017.html

Approved with unanimous consent

Issues

3. Discussion on the XSPA TC Press Release:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xspa/email/archives/200808/msg00018.html

Any sponsoring organizations should contact Carol Geyer.  Planned release of August 28 has been delayed to allow contributors more time to get approval of the proposed text.

4. Discussion of HIMSS / IHE:

We are requesting a 30'x12' space to hold the InterOp at the HIMSS conference in April 2009 at Chicago.  HIMSS and OASIS representatives are scheduled to negotiate location and cost of the booth.

Tony Nadalin asked how XSPA should coordinate with IHE.  John Moehrke, who is very active there, reported cooperation with IHE already through HITSP.  No immediate need to formally tie IHE to XSPA TC.

5. Proposal to create two profiles

Mike Davis proposed creation of a second XSPA profile for use internationally.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xspa/email/archives/200808/msg00019.html

The international version would allow different healthcare vocabulary / standards and include suggestions by experts in the international realm.  Tony Nadalin pointed out participation is typically limited because of IPR and that the vocabulary / standards used in the international realm may have to be under same IPR policy as the TC.  Action item assigned to investigate impact of citing other healthcare vocabulary / standards.

MOTION: To add second XSPA profile for use internationally if international vocabularies / standards are available for use within our IPR policy.

Voice vote, none against, Tony Nadalin and Mike McIntosh abstain.

MOTION PASSED.

6. Comment from Mike Davis that SNOMED CTmay be useful within the XSPA profile to assign authorizations hierarchically, instead of individually.  Mike has posted a diagram on the list.  Questions remain on the use of SNOMED in the profile.

7. XSPA profiles being reviewed in the following TCs, comments are requested.

WS-Trust

http://xml.coverpages.org/xspa-ws-trust-profile20080624.htm

SAML

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200805/doc00000.doc

XACML

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200808/msg00008.html

8. Action Items

#004: HIMSS outreach

Owner: David Staggs

Assigned: 2008-08-15

Update due: 2008-09-12

Establish contacts at HIMSS interested in XSPA TC effort.

#005: Use of vocabularies / standards

Owner: David Staggs

Assigned: 2008-08-15

Due: 2008-09-12

Research use of vocabularies / standards for international profile and ensure they are available for use under OASIS IPR.

Meeting adjourned.

Next scheduled meeting in two weeks: September 12.

Submitted by: