xspa message

Subject: RE: My Comments on XSPA-SAML and XSPA-XACML

This is the IDENTICAL comments in non-Microsoft-Excel form (HTML Table).

Documents Under Review:

OASIS XSPA XACML

Cross-Enterprise Security and Privacy Authorization (XSPA) Profile of XACML v2.0 for Healthcare

OASIS XSPA SAML

Cross-Enterprise Security and Privacy Authorization (XSPA) Profile of Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) for Healthcare

Commenter Name and Organization:

Document Name or Number

Document Section and Page Number

Comment Details (including problem, and recommended solution)

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.12

Need to have direction on how a functional role can be specified . It is recognized that functional roles are difficult to standardize, but it is certainly possible within a specified domain that a functional role vocabulary could be identified. Thus that specific domain would need to have guidance on how to convey the functional role.

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.12 - ACTIONS

It is not clear why the assertion should contain information about the underlying service-request. There should be separation of claims about the identity requesting access to a resource, and claims about the action and resource. This might be simply clarity on where this XSPA-SAML applies vs when a SAML-Identity-Assertion applies. Given the diagram in Figure 1, I am not clear on where the XSPA-SAML profile applies. Which transaction?

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.12 - ACTIONS

This vocabulary seems to be different. I don't understand what "Append" is. This is not a action from CRUDE

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.12 - OBJECTS

There needs to be clear guidance on the precidence between SNOMED-CT and HL7 RBAC Permissions. When they both have an equivilant vocabulary term, which one should be used?

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.12 - OBJECTS

There should be guidance that indicates how to utalize a private vocabulary. This private vocabulary should be allowed when the formal vocabulary is not sufficient to describe the object.

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.12-OBJECTS

One possibility for an object is to include the object's unique ID. For example if the object is a CDA document, then the object can be described by the document unique ID.

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.12-Purposofuse

The list of purposes don't have unique IDs. Isn't there a purpose of use table in ASTM or HL7? If this area is one that is still under development then we should state that.

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.12 - Resource

It is unclea what "Resource" is referring to other than the previously described "object". Which one is to be used? Object or resource? If they are diferent, then how are they different?

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.12 - evidence

This is not described well enough for me to understand what it is. If this is a concept under-development then we should not include it here, at least not normatively.

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.12 general

This section seems to have sub-organization but it is not clear because the section-numbering is turned off. Please arrange this section so that it is easer to understand the grouping of these sub-concepts.

OASIS XSPA SAML

3.2

Some identifiers are identical. (HL7 Permission Catalog Permission, and HL7 Permission Catalog Resource Actions) and (SNOMED CT Permissions, SNOMED CT Resource Actions, and SNOMED CT Objects). These are two different concepts, they should not be in the same vocabulary set.

OASIS XSPA SAML

3.2

what is urn:oasis:names:tc:xspa:1.0:environment:locality? This is manditory but not explained.

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.1

It is not clear why the assertion should contain information about the underlying service-request. There should be separation of claims about the identity requesting access to a resource, and claims about the action and resource. This might be simply clarity on where this XSPA-SAML applies vs when a SAML-Identity-Assertion applies. Given the diagram in Figure 1, I am not clear on where the XSPA-SAML profile applies. Which transaction?

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.2

Again, this seems indistinguishable from a C19 like claim about the identity. Is this XSPA-SAML profile a further constraint on C19? Or is it describing some other transaction? This seems very much like further constraints on C19. I think this is the right thing to do with this specification.

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.3

In HITSP terms this is T17, right?

OASIS XSPA SAML

2.4

In HITSP terms this is T17, right?

OASIS XSPA XACML

all

In using the terms for normative statements as described in section 1.1, I don't find any new normative statements in this specification. The statements I find with MUST listed are just restatements of the underlying standard requirements. I therefore can not determine the purpose of this specification.