xspa message

Subject: Comparison of SAML and XACML attributes between the NHIN specifications andXSPA

All,

The attached document is a memorandum containing a comparison of the SAML and XACML attributes defined in the XSPA profiles with those defined by the NHIN specifications. The memo also includes a detailed set of recommendations, for both OASIS and the NHIN Specifications, to bring these into alignment.

I have not included detailed arguments for all of the recommendations in the memo itself. I am looking forward to discussing these recommendations either on the mailing list or on the XSPA technical committee calls... and will either advance my arguments for these recommendations or endorse alternatives suggested by the group as they arise.

These recommendations are my own, though I am grateful to Tony Mallia (of Edmonds/VA) for his review and suggested improvements, which are included.

Best Regards,

Richard Franck
Certified IT Architect, IBM Global Business Services
Healthcare and Life Sciences
office: 1-919-254-4771
mobile: 1-919-302-3880
e-mail: Richard_Franck@us.ibm.com
(See attached file: XSPA_NHIN_Attribute_comparison.doc)

XSPA_NHIN_Attribute_comparison.doc