xspa message

Subject: Links to HL7 work on mapping ASTM and SNOMED structural roles

Colleagues

I am forwarding links to HL7 work on mapping ASTM and SNOMED structural roles discussed by Mike in our XSPA TC meeting today.  Thank you for your dialog on these topics and I look forward to continuing our discussion based on review of these links and preceded analysis submitted to the TC.

The original object and structural role mapping was done vs SNOMED CThttp://hl7projects.hl7.nscee.edu/docman/view.php/59/331/2008.08.01%20ANALYSIS%20SNOMED%20CT%20to%20RBAC%20Permission%20Catalog.xls

The terminologists updated the object portion:  http://hl7projects.hl7.nscee.edu/docman/view.php/59/1956/ArtifactProcessRBAC_mapping%20David%20Sperzel_v2.1%20Suzanne%202009.03.30.xlsx  where it was deemed that SNOMED CT would 'not work'

This is the most current mapping....that being the object vocabulary mapping (to the HL7 EHR Functional model)  is already out there on the HL7 Security GForge site.  http://hl7projects.hl7.nscee.edu/docman/view.php/59/3218/MAPPED_EHRFunctionModelSupport20090609.xls

We're currently working on the structural role mapping vs SNOMED CT  (ASTM and proposed ASTM)

Suzanne L. Gonzales-Webb, CPhT | SAIC

Information Security Analyst | IISBU | Secure Network Solutions

phone: 858.826.6621 | fax 858.826.5606

blackberry: 858.366.2008 | email: suzanne.l.gonzales-webb@saic.com

David Staggs, JD, CISSP (SAIC)
Veterans Health Administration