xspa message

Subject: Re: [xspa] specific points about attribute names

My responses to Richard's questions and/or statements

1) I suspect your point may be true, the correct namespace for subject-id is urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:subject:subject-id and can be found in both the XACML 2.0 http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/2.0/XACML-CORE/Example_2/ request.xml example as well as the XACML 2.0 RSA Interop Scenarios Document where IBM participated in it's development and demonstration.  In reviewing our code from RSA 2008, London, and HIMSS the 2.0 namespace was used and allowed, however our requests where proxied through OpenSSO XACMLRequestProcessor which may have corrected the issue as our testing was schema constrained.  I will check with Sun Microsystems developers on this point I do not believe escalation to the TC is required at this time, we will just note it correct the namespace in next version of profile.  You may not be aware the NHINConnect v2.1 is also using OpenSSO XACMLRequestProcessor.

2)  We can take this under advisement for future update, agree that attribute is optional, and SAML v2.0 describes it as DNS name or IP address.  I do not however feel this is constraing NHIN efforts, or limiting the creation of extensions (note the additional action-id value) for specific implementations.  I have attached a table from the NHIN Policy Engine Design Document for v2.1.  The home-community-id, a complex element,  I believe provides equivalent of subject locality in you implemenation.

Subject Discovery (In from NHIN)

Attribute URN

Data Type

Group

Description

urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:subject:subject-id

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string

Subject

Sender’s User ID

urn:gov:hhs:fha:nhinc:home-community-id

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string

Subject

Sender’s Home Community ID

urn:gov:hhs:fha:nhinc:assigning-authority-id

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string

Resource

Local Patient ID Assigning Authority

urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:resource:resource-id

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string

Resource

Local Patient ID

urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:action:action-id

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string

Action

Action being performed.  This must be set to: ‘SubjectDiscoveryIn’

Regards,

Duane