xspa message

Subject: Re: [xspa] IMPORTANT: Status of the XSPA chair must be addressed asap

Please let us know if we can provide marketing support for any of your planned XSPA activities. It would be great to host a interoperability demo involving an XSPA profile--maybe get the XACML, SAML, and/or other TCs involved. It's not too soon to reserve space for a conference in the fall or winter timeframe.

Carol

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Davis, John M. <Mike.Davis@va.gov> wrote:
Thanks Chet.  We have several activities planned and have initiated
action in that regard.  We will establish Chairs shortly.

Regards, Mike Davis
VHA Security Architect

-----Original Message-----
From: xspa@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xspa@lists.oasis-open.org] On
Behalf Of Chet Ensign
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:54 AM
To: xspa@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Carol Geyer; Scott McGrath
Subject: [xspa] IMPORTANT: Status of the XSPA chair must be addressed
asap

Members of the XSPA TC,

In reviewing the status of all active OASIS TCs, I have learned that the
TC has no Chair and appears to have been without a chair for some
months.

The OASIS TC Process rules are clear and unambiguous that a TC cannot
continue without a chair. In section 2.7, TC Chairs
(https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#chairs), it
reads "if the TC does not have a Chair for 120 days, the TC
Administrator must close the TC."

I am writing to ask if you wish the TC to continue actively working. If
so, I ask that you schedule a meeting for the purposes of electing a
chair as quickly as possible.

We here at OASIS are ready to help. If you need new participants, for
example, staff can help with outreach by starting a LinkedIn Discussion,
hosting a webinar explaining the TC's work, identifying key players,
etc. Please let me know if we can assist you in any way. I will be happy
to join you in a conference call and discuss the next steps for the TC
if that will help.

Please note that if the TC has not elected a chair within 30 days, I
will move forward with closing the TC.

Thank you and please let me know if we can help you all with your next
steps in any way. We would much prefer an active TC to a closed one!

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298