xspa message

Subject: Draft meeting minutes Jan 17, 2014

Minutes for 17 January 2014 TC meeting.
Started at: 1:05 pm EDT

**Attendance:
Kel Callahan (Voting Member)
Mike Davis (Voting Member)
Duane DeCouteau (Voting Members)
Mohammad Jafari (Chair)
Kathleen Connor (Non-member; HL7)

Quorum reached ( 4 out of 4 (%100) of voting members)

Agenda:
1. Roll Call.

2. Approval of the minutes from the previous meeting (Aug 7, 2013):
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xspa/email/archives/201308/msg00002.html

Unanimously approved.

3. Discussion

Mike: Considering the efforts in the IHE and elsewhere, an update to the XSPA SAML profile seems to be useful at this point.
Mohammad: We still have the drafts and we can continue from there. I will post the draft from back in August.

Mike moved to restore updating the SAML profile. Unanimously approved.

Mohammad: The other potential work item is a profile for trust framework attributes. We can consider it either as part of the SAML profile or a separate profile.

Mike and Mohammad gave an introduction and background on the trust framework and trust attributes.

Mike: Since the group is small we should seek more participation for this work.
Kathleen: Can seek participation from ONC and FHA.
Mohammad: Another possibility is to develop a draft and move it to the XACML or SAML TC for approval and seek broader participation and comments.
Kel: The XDI TC is also relevant.

Mike: Does this fit in our charter?
Mohammad: As long as we stay within the healthcare applications it is in our charter.
Mike: It is better to have a generic trust framework first and develop a healthcare profile for that.
Mohammad: It can also be done in a bottom-up fashion by starting with the healthcare-specific profile.
Kathleen: We can seek XACML and SAML TC opinion on this.
Mike: Also ANSI INCITS.

Mike moved to develop a "scope statement" for a possible project on trust frameworks and a healthcare specific profile.
Kathleen suggested adding the outreach to XACML and SAML committee and also considering a list of other related work by other SDOs.
Kel: Also reach out to the privacy-by-design community.
Motion approved unanimously.

The TC agreed to meet again in the first week of February 2014.

Meeting adjourned at 1:40 ET.