xspa message

Subject: RE: [pbd-se] Update on interim PBD-SE TC meeting

Hi Ann, Dawn & Les,

A short while ago the XSPA TC (copied) met to discuss their direction going forward and it was moved that the TC should seek/develop a possible project on trust frameworks with a focus on a healthcare specific profile.  I too attended the December PbD User conference, as an exhibitor and supporter of the cGTA/UHN HIE for consent management, and recall that the Respect Network folks (Gary Rowe/Drummand Reed) were leveraging the XDI standard.

It is because there seems to be overlap in the focus on privacy for these three TCs that I was asked to facilitate this introduction to the members of the XSPA TC to help explore any synergies.

Best regards,

Kel Callahan

HIPAAT International

From: pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Chasen, Les
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:41 PM
To: Dawn Jutla; Frank.Dawson@nokia.com
Cc: Shapiro, Stuart S.; Fred Carter; pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi All -

I am sorry i missed the last call.  I tried to dial in but a little late.  When i joined there was nobody on the call.  I am not sure if i was too late our i had the wrong number.  I hope to make your next call.

I’m new to the TC.  I joined as a result of going to a PbD user forum conference in December where i got to meet Dr. Cavoukian and her team.   I have been a part of the XDI TC for a long time and am working on a project where privacy principals are critical.  I very much look forward to working with you.

Since i am based in the DC area the march IAPP would be convenient.  I would also like to put in a plug for IIW a great venue for discussions around PbD.  The next one is in May at the computer history museum in mountain view.

Les Chasen