xspa message

Subject: Draft meeting minutes July 1, 2014

Minutes for 1 July 2014 TC meeting.

Started at: 1:05 pm EDT

**Attendance:

Duane DeCouteau (Voting Members)

Mohammad Jafari (Chair)

Mike Davis (Voting Members)

Quorum was reached ( 3 out of 3 (%100) of voting members)

- Approval of the minutes from the previous meeting (3 June 2014):

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xspa/201406/msg00001.html

Unanimously approved.

- Should the Use-Case section and introductory material be published separately as a Committe Note?

Mike: We need some context as to what use-case the profile addresses.

Mohammad: We can keep an overview and refer to the Committee Note for details.

Unanimously approved.

- Updates to the Attribute Section:

(a) Subject-Id: mandatory of optional

Mike: In some use-cases such as pre-fetch the subject ID is not known at the time of exchange.

Unanimously approved.

- Consider using URNs instead of the custom HL7 CD data type (e.g. urn:oid:2.16.840.1.113883.1.11.20448 for refering to HL7 purpose of use vocabulary).

Mohammad: The SAML TC mentioned that current implementations likely don't support complex-valued attributes.

Duane: We mostly rely on Java SAML libraries and not SAML products. Alos this is a reality in the helathcare use-cases.

Mohammad: The other argument is that SAML already supports a mechanism to include a reference to the vocabulary which the value of an attribute comes from. Since we don't really use other fields in the HL7 CD data structure, using the SAML mechanism might be a better alternative.

Mohammad: Let's research further and leave the decision about this to the next meeting.

Adjourned at: 1:30pm EDT.

Regards,

Mohammad Jafari, Ph.D.

Chair, OASIS Cross-Enterprise Security and Privacy Authorization (XSPA) Technical Committee