xspa message

Subject: Draft meeting minutes Aug 5, 2015

Minutes for 5 Aug 2015 TC meeting.

Started at: 11:05 am EDT

**Attendance:

Duane DeCouteau (Voting Members)

Mike Davis (Voting Members)

Mohammad Jafari (Chair)

Kathleen Connor (non-member, VHA)

Tony Mallia (non-member, VHA)

1. Approval of the minutes from the previous meeting (29 July 2015):

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xspa/201507/msg00002.html

Unanimously approved.

2. Discussing latest updates to the working draft (WD08)

Latest version posted: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xspa/download.php/54321/saml-xspa-v2.0-wd08

a) Continue the discussion on clearance attributes.

Mohammad: The purpose clearance does not seem to be specifically mentioned in the HCS so I have removed it.

Tony: We don't need that attribute in these use-cases any ways.

Kathleen: HCS doesn't go into the thorough details and stays at high level. There can be a purpose attribute if necessary.

Mohammad: The point for including these attributes was to harmonize with HCS. I don't think we should extend unless we need it for our use-cases.

Mike: Why isn't there a vocabulary for compartments?

Mohammad: Do we have a US-realm vocabulary for compartment?

Kathleen: There is an abstract value set that can be extended.

Mike and Kathleen also suggested that the draft mentions the specific OIDs for the vocabularies.

Mohammad: I will talk to Kathleen offline about how to fix this.

b) Discussion on backward compatibility issue for Purpose of Use values for XSPA 1.0 implementations.

Tony: If old implementation are going to adopt XSPA 2, they will have to change the vocabulary because it's not compatible with XSPA 1 vocabulary for purpose of use.

Mohammad: The XSPA 1.0 purpose of use vocabulary was written at a time when there was no standard vocabulary for purpose of use. Now there is.

Mike and Kathleen mentioned that this can be dealt with in HL7 by updating the value sets.

c) XSPA attribute for carrying Consent Directive:

Tony: There is a need for carrying a pointer to, or value of patient's CD in case the provider organization needs to check that.

Mohammad: So we need a URL attribute and a type attribute. There is a vocabulary for CD types.

Tony: There is also the need for passing consent by value and probably an attribute to specify the protocol for fetching CD.

Mohammad: Will update the draft.

The TC decided to reconvene in two weeks.

Adjourned at: 11:57 am EDT.