xspa message

Subject: Draft meeting minutes Apr 2, 2018

Minutes for 2 April 2018 TC meeting.

Meeting started at 9:30 AM PT.

**Attendance:

Chris Shawn, Chair (VHA)

Mohammad Jafari (VHA)

Mike Davis (VHA)

Kathleen Connor (VHA)

Chair: We have quorum.

**Administrivia:

- Approval of the last meeting minutes from 11/20/2017:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xspa/201711/msg00001.html

Unanimously approved.

**XSPA SAML Profile:

- What's the next step for the profile?

Mohammad gave a brief summary on the status of the profile and major content changes in the profile compared to the previous version.

Mike: What will be the consequences be if we make any new changes at this stage?

Mohammad: Any material changes will take the profile back to working draft and will require a new round of public review.

Mike: There’s been concern about having both the organization ID and principal ID as required attributes since in many cases only the organization ID is known and is legally sufficient.

Mohammad: We discussed that in such cases the identifier of the organization will be used as the principal ID. But it makes sense to make organization ID optional to avoid redundancy.

Mohammad: I also see that organization hierarchy is normative which is probably something we just carried over from the previous version without debating.

Motion moved by Kathleen to take the profile back to working draft and work on these issues.

Unanimously approved.

Mohammad: I will make these changes and bring forward a new draft.

Chris: What will be the timeline for re-approval after these changes?

Mohammad: We are now on a monthly schedule for TC meetings although we can have additional meetings if we need. But considering the public review process, June-July is the likely time for getting the profile back to its current status after these changes are made.

**XSPA XACML Profile:

Mohammad: We had decided to not update this profile since there was no reported active implementation. But since both profiles were mentioned in the draft for “Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement” (TEFCA), and for the sake of compatibility there were suggestions to reconsider that decision. Please share your thoughts on how/if we should resume the work on the XACML profile. We will discuss this on the mailing list and in the next meeting.

Next meeting will be on May 7th 2018 at the same time.

Adjourned at 10AM PT.