xspa message

Subject: Status of the XSPA TC

Members of the XSPA TC,

I have noted that, with the departure of the VA from OASIS, the TC is now without a chair.

Under the OASIS rules, no work can be done by the TC until a new Chair is elected. In addition, if the TC remains without a chair for more than 120 days, I am required to close it. (See https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-committee-operations-process-2018-05-22#chairs)

I am writing to ask how you would like to proceed. It appears that, with the publication of "Cross-Enterprise Security and Privacy Authorization (XSPA) Profile of SAML v2.0 for Healthcare Version 2.0" as a Committee Specification in April of 2019, work has tapered off.

Do you all have interest in continuing to work, perhaps moving the Committee Spec to OASIS Standard? I'm happy to help you with the logistics of electing a new Chair if you do.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to talk about this further.

Best regards,Â

/chetÂ
Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open source & open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393Â