amqp-bindmap message

Subject: BINDMAP TC - SCTP Work Stream Kickoff planning meeting.

All,

Welcome back from the holidays. Trust the break provided you a respite for the working life. That now said, tea break is over and its time for us to get back on our heads.

We need to establish a time to organize the AMQP/SCTP binding specification work stream and specifically how and when we should meet. I have set up a doodle poll to find an hour next week for this: http://www.doodle.com/iiwrmi8xvnwx55x5

To get us oriented to the task at hand I have asked Rob and Rafi to provide an overview of how they envisioned a binding at the Connection layer would work to kick off our work during one of the January BINDMAP TC calls. I have also reached out to one of the key contributors to the SCTP specification, Randall Stewart, to see if someone from the SCTP protocol team can provided us some initial orientation and direction. Hopefully I will get a response and a commitment.

Below are four links that will help establish our shared understanding of SCTP.

Remember to fill out the Doodle poll - Until sometime next week,

Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stream_Control_Transmission_Protocol
An Introduction to the Stream Control Transmission Protocol: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3286
Stream Control Transmission Protocol: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4960
The SCTP Reference Guide: http://www.amazon.com/Stream-Control-Transmission-Protocol-SCTP/dp/0201721864/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357181669&sr=8-1&keywords=Stream+Control+Transmission+Protocol+%28SCTP%29%3A+A+Reference