amqp-bindmap message

Subject: Queue/Topic addressing - (was: RE: [amqp-bindmap] Groups - OASIS AMQP Bindings & Mapping Technical Committee 20150113.pdf uploaded

Thanks Steve.

Robbie- on this from the minute on JMS:

Robbie initiated email discussions on OASIS and Qpid mailing lists re the

queue/topic name issues discussed at the previous TC meeting. Result is that no

address-related naming conventions will be defined. Both AMQP and JMS will

treat the names as opaque addresses. Rob Godfrey indicated that there will at some point be a need to define how to map queues/topics to AMQP addresses

apart from more specific configuration parameters. It is a requirement to be able

to access all AMQP functionality from JMS without extensions.

-          I must have missed this but could you forward a pointer to the thread where this was decided?  Last I saw on the OASIS list is that while there were differing views, there was support for defining this.

-          @Rob G & Robbie- if we don’t define the wireline of topics/queues/subscriptions (with levels, wildcards, etc) here, then will this go into the addressing doc or how will this be handled?    I am hoping we can get to the point where, like MQTT, there is a specification for the syntax and semantics of these – otherwise it will be difficult if not impossible to achieve the objective of various/all runtimes embedding client APIs  “out of the box” that just work with 3rd party brokers….

MQTT defined this, why can’t AMQP?

Thanks

Shawn