amqp-bindmap message

Subject: Re: [amqp-bindmap] Queue/Topic addressing - (was: RE: [amqp-bindmap] Groups - OASIS AMQP Bindings & Mapping Technical Committee 20150113.pdf uploaded

Hi Shawn,

I don't believe there has been anything further on the subject since the last few mails I sent on the original thread mid-December. I was conveying where I believed the conversation got to before it faded, and my current view on what the JMS mapping would or rather would not do in this area. Rob clarified that regardless of the actual addresses used, we would likely want to define some way to pass additional options through the vendor-specific String parameter for session.createQueue(...) / session.createTopic(...) calls, such that they could be used to configure certain things such as source/target options to access certain AMQP functionality.

As I think I mentioned in those earlier mails, I would see the Addressing spec as the way to go in terms of utilising global addresses to improve cross-vendor naming interoperability. I also seem to recall the last published draft of the Addressing spec I read as having some sort form of address pattern matching noted in it, but I admit it has been some time since I looked at it so I am not sure on the current state. Certainly, I think any work on the matter needs to happen via the core AMQP TC rather than 'just' a particular mapping.

Robbie