announce message

Subject: [announce] Arbortext Reports 19 Percent License Revenue Growth

Arbortext Reports 19 Percent License Revenue Growth Year Over Year

ANN ARBOR, Mich., July 23, 2002 -- Arbortext, Inc., the only global
provider of XML-based software for multichannel publishing, today
announced financial results for the second quarter ending June 30, 2002.
The company reported that total revenue grew 10 percent over the same
period in 2001 and that license revenue grew 19 percent over the same
period last year and 14 percent over the previous quarter.

Arbortext saw new and additional business in the second quarter from
global customers including Ameritech, Canadian Pharmacists Association,
GM Defense Canada, Ericsson Telecom, Maryland General Assembly, SAP,
Saab Aerospace AB and Verizon Communications.

This continued growth was achieved through a series of strategic
business initiatives that drove product improvements that attracted both
new customers and new sales channels.  Additionally, the product’s
proven return on investment and the company’s emphasis on automotive,
life sciences, publishing, financial services and government have kept
the company’s pipeline strong.

“Through Epic Editor and the Epic E-Content Engine (E3), we will have
the ability to create and deliver drug and therapeutic information in
all the formats needed – Web, print and PDA – in a way that’s accurate
and consistent,” said Leesa Bruce, Senior Director of Publications for
the Canadian Pharmacists Association.  “We believe Epic is the best
complete multichannel publishing solution available on the market, and
we’re eager to support those in the health care community by enabling
them to receive drug and therapeutic information in any format: print,
Web and PDA.”

”We succeed because our customers succeed.  Our customers realize the
strategic benefits that multichannel publishing software brings,
including improving customer relationships through improved information
quality and slashing expenses by eliminating costly manual efforts
during authoring and publishing,” said Raymond Schiavone, president and
CEO of Arbortext.  “The combination of our Epic product suite, our
commitment to product innovation, and our ability to demonstrate a
provable return on investment continues to attract business from leading
organizations around the globe.”

Q2 Highlights
Arbortext announced its newest version of XML authoring software, Epic
Editor version 4.3.  This version provides significant improvements for
designers, developers and business users and contains new or enhanced
support for XML Schemas, Publishing Pipeline, XUI, XSL-FO and ActiveX.

In May, Arbortext announced that UPSIDE magazine selected Arbortext to
receive UPSIDE’s Hot 100 Award.  This annual reward recognizes
excellence and innovation among the hottest private high-technology
companies. The UPSIDE Hot 100 Award is based on a company’s
technological achievements, customer acceptance of products and
services, financial performance, industry partnerships, financial
backing, management savvy and marketing.

About Arbortext
Arbortext is the only global provider of XML-based multichannel software
that enables the creation, editing and publishing of information to
multiple media types – Web, print, CD-ROM, wireless – from a single
source of content.  Shipping since 1991, Arbortext’s standards-based
software supports technical publishing, reference publishing and catalog
publishing applications that enable enterprises to provide more
accurate, cost-efficient, complete, timely, consistent and usable
information on all media. Arbortext’s software is installed at over 300
large multinational organizations. Current customers include American
Express Financial Services, Audi, Boeing, British Aerospace,
Caterpillar, DaimlerChrysler, Ericsson Telecom, Ford, General Electric,
GM, IBM, International Thomson Publishing, Lucent, Nokia, Nortel
Networks, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, Qantas, Ricoh, Sun Microsystems, United
Airlines, Volkswagen, Volvo and West Group. Arbortext is a founding
member and active participant in the XML Activity of the World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C). Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Arbortext
has offices around the world.  For more information please visit
http://www.arbortext.com.
# # #

Contact: 	Beth Ambaruch 				Hugh Burnham
	  	Arbortext, Inc.				Phase Two Strategies
	  	+1 734.327.6014				+1 212.530.7541
	 	bea@arbortext.com				hburnham@p2pr.com