avdl message

Subject: XMLifying assessment logic

Hello everyone,

Last week, someone mentioned OVAL (http://oval.mitre.org/). OVAL uses
SQL to perform the assessment logic.

I am working on an advisory format in XML and when deciding whether or
not to include assessment information, I chose to use XSL to perform the
logic.

The advisory format is still a work in progress but I zipped up an
assessment example for anyone interested:
http://www.opensec.org/downloads/XSL_assess_demo.zip

It wouldn't be that difficult to port the OVAL schemas and queries to
XML and XSL. We should discuss this at a future meeting.

Nasseam Elkarra
The OpenSec Project
http://www.opensec.org/