avdl message

Subject: Call for participation

AVDL version 1.0 is nearing completion and has begun the process of becoming
an OASIS standard.  I am pleased to report that the specification has been
approved by the technical committee has been implemented as a prototype
within three member companies.  Shortly, the specification will begin the
OASIS review process before a vote is made to create the standard.  I would
like to thank everyone for their hard work and dedication in making AVDL a
reality.

As version 1.0 enters the review phase of the process, we have the
opportunity to look ahead and begin planning for the next phase of the
standard.  At the next committee meeting, scheduled for February 12th, we
will begin discussing what should be included within the scope of version
2.0 of the standard.  Some suggestions to date include:

	- Supporting additional protocols (in addition to HTTP)
	- Supporting vulnerabilities for other scanners (e.g., Host scanners)
	- Support internationalization

We would welcome your suggestions for other ideas.  If you have a
suggestion, please reply back to this distribution list or bring it with you
to the next committee meeting.  Each idea will be discussed and considered.
Thanks in advance for your ideas and participation.

Regards,

Kevin Heineman
Vice President of Engineering
S.P.I. Dynamics, Inc.