bias message

Subject: 45-day Committee Specification Draft Review Request for BIAS SOAPProfile

The following submission request for Public Review was conveyed
to TC Admin via the JIRA issue tracker

- Robin

The following request has been submitted to the OASIS TC Administrator on
23/02/2011:

Submitter's Name
   Catherine Tilton
TC Name
   BIAS Integration TC
TC Email Address
   [1]bias@oasis-open.org
Work Product Title
   BIAS SOAP Profile
Committee Specification Draft ##
   CSD#03
CSD URI
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41241/biasprofile-v1.0-csd03.doc

Additional Resources
[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41248/bias-csd03-tilton-2011-02-22.zip

Approval Link
   [4] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41256/BIAS%20TC%20Meeting%20Minutes%20%2356.pdf

Abstract
>  The BIAS SOAP Profile specifies XML encoded SOAP messages
> to exchange biometric data and perform biometric-based
> identity operations. These SOAP-based services enable an
> application to invoke biometric identity assurance
> operations remotely within a Services Oriented Architecture
> (SOA). BIAS is intended to provide a common, yet flexible,
> Web services interface that can be used within both closed
> and open SOA systems. The BIAS SOAP Profile is a companion
> document to ANSI INCITS 442-2010 - Biometric Identity
> Assurance Services.

TC Description
   The OASIS BIAS Integration TC complements the efforts of
> the InterNational Committee for Information Technology
> Standards (INCITS), www.incits.org, to provide the biometrics
> and security industries with a documented, open framework
> for deploying and invoking identity assurance capabilities
> that can be readily accessed as services. The OASIS BIAS
> Integration TC defines and describes methods and bindings
> by which the INCITS BIAS framework can be used within
> XML-based transactional Web services and service-oriented
> architectures.

Notification List
   The TC has made a list of contacts that it intends to notify once the PR
opens. These include:
>  INCITS (CT)
>  BWS-discuss (RM)
>  IBIA (RM)
>  Planet Biometrics (CT)
>  Find Biometrics (CT)
>  3rd Factor/Avisian (CT), (Ross to send link)
>  Standards.gov (CT to M. Hogan)
> Any further assistance from OASIS is also appreciated.
Notes
   In addition to the zip file, please also find the assoiated WSDL file at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40498/BIAS.wsdl (no change
from SD02)

[1] mailto:bias@oasis-open.org
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41241/biasprofile-v1.0-csd03.doc
[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41248/bias-csd03-tilton-2011-02-22.zip
[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41256/BIAS%20TC%20Meeting%20Minutes%20%2356.pdf

"FOR ACTION: Approval of CSD03 for 2nd
  public review (45-day)
  Motion (Kevin, Ross):  Move to approve CSD03 for 2nd
  45-day public review.
  Vote: Passed (6-0-0-7)"

[supersedes request -396]

--