cam message

Subject: CAM V1.0oving forward check list

Team,

I'm just reviewing where we are in the process of moving our V1.0 specification to OASIS for approval.

I believe we have most of these items in-hand - I've annotated notes below on each item.

There's a few items we still need to complete - but I believe we are very close to being ready
to submit this all to OASIS.

The action items I will be sending out further emails on - so just look for those shortly here.

The next big step is to complete and agree the specification text - so please take time
to review the lastest draft - as I will be finalizing this shortly so we can move to vote
on it ourselves.

 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cam/download.php/10608/OASIS-CAM-Specifications-1_0-RC-018-120904.doc

and the associated schema

 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cam/download.php/9805/CAMv1.0.3Candidate.xsd

Thanks, DW

Administration:
  1. A formal specification that is a valid member of its type, together with appropriate documentation for the specification, both of which must be written using approved OASIS templates;
  2. A clear English-language summary of the specification;
  3. A statement regarding the relationship of this specification to similar work of other OASIS TCs or other standards developing organizations;
  4. Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations that they are successfully using the specification consistently with the OASIS IPR Policy;
  5. An account of each of the comments/issues raised during the public review period, along with its resolution;
  6. An account of and results of the voting to approve the approve the specification as a Committee Draft;
  7. An account of or pointer to votes and comments received in any earlier attempts to standardize substantially the same specification, together with the originating TC's response to each comment;
  8. A pointer to the publicly visible comments archive for the originating TC;
  9. A statement from the chair of the TC certifying that all members of the TC have been provided with a copy of the OASIS IPR Policy; and
  10. Optionally, a pointer to any minority reports submitted by one or more TC members who did not vote in favor of approving the Committee Draft, or certification by the chair that no minority reports exist.
Status notes:
  1. A formal specification ...>>>. Check - see upload to Kavi documents area.
  2. A clear English-language summary of the specification; >>> Check - Intro paragraphs in spec' does this - see page 6 of spec'
  3. A statement regarding the relationship of this specification >>> Check - list TCs that have liaison with us - BCM, BPSS.
  4. Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations >>> TBD - I will send out sample letter to the list on this.
  5. An account of each of the comments/issues raised >>> Check - see upload to Kavi documents area.
  6. An account of and results of the voting to approve the approve >>> Check - link to Kavi vote results - and applicable date(s) / vote count summary.
  7. An account of or pointer to votes and comments received in >>> Check - not applicable.
  8. A pointer to the publicly visible comments archive for the originating TC  >>> Check - link to Kavi archive for this
  9. A statement from the chair of the TC certifying that all members of the TC have >>> Check - I will be sending a reminder and link on email of this
  10. Optionally, a pointer to any minority reports submitted by one or more TC members >>> Check - no minority reports received