Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Review Chapter 2

At 05:53 PM 6/2/2005 +0200, =?us-ascii?Q?Dieter__Weidenbruck?= wrote:
here are my comments regarding chapter 2 (and typos in 1)

Thanks for your careful reading.  All comments were implemented as specified, except:

The colour model sRGB-alpha is deprecated and may be removed in a future version of WebCGM.

It was my impression that this is not finally confirmed yet, and Benoit has an action item to discuss his recommendation with Chris Lilley (who is the source of the requirement and a color guru.)  Therefore I included the recommended sentence with issue flagging.

The layer is defined as
<!ELEMENT layer (grobject | para | grnode | gdata)+        >
also shown in this picture (without the “opt”).

Dave, can you regenerate the picture?  (The EBNF has been fixed everywhere.)

2.6  1.)
Is there a normative section describing this use case?
(The wording at #1 is:  "can be used as a scaled down XML representation of a WebCGM illustration by enumerating the Application Structures IDs, types and attributes.")

Those are exactly the words preceding example 4.1 in the normative XCF chapter.

Comments, Benoit or anyone?

To be checked:
Case sensitivity linkuri
-       spelling throughout the spec

check case sensitivity on XML and on CGM side

I will do a careful spell check later.  I'm not sure I understand the other bits.  I searched ch.2 for linkuri and all occurrences are correct.  What do you mean by "check case sensitivity on XML and on CGM side"?  (And who should do that check?)

Thanks,