Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] why not use 'data' on <object>?

At 09:25 AM 4/11/2006 -0400, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>[...]
>This requires a very small DOM implementation to display the HTML:
>  - getWebCGMDocument().src -

Right, I'm aware that it is simple to implement... just questioning whether
the 2.0 static tests should require *any* DOM implementation.  Actually,
doing that DOM bit in the HTML is not a conformance criterion of the test
-- the HTML is just the test harness for the static test.

As we see from subsequent replies to my question, not everyone implements
the 'data' attribute, which is the standard (HTML 4.0 [1]) way to reference
the content source from <object>.  (I recall a discussion from long ago --
Munich? -- that some people implemented a 'src' attribute or something like
that.)

-Lofton.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/objects.html#h-13.3