Subject: Re: Finding CGM viewers and plugins

WebCGM TC (esp. vendors) --

This is "part 2" of my previous message, about WebCGM 1.0/2.0
samples.  Like "part 1", is also is most immediately about helping to
educate WAI on the nature of structured WebCGM graphics.

Once they have some structured samples to look at, it might be helpful for
them to have capable viewers.  See this recent thread from in the WG
archive [1].  One point comes up as interesting also to CGMO in this thread:

A.) the desirability to clarify information on our "viewers" page [2]:
	-- webcgm support?
	-- 1.0 or 2.0, or both, or "2.0 pending", or ...?

Thoughts?  I notice that some entries provide such detail, others don't.  I
realize there may be business reasons for the entries, but ... do you want
to update your information with brief statement similar to the more verbose
of the current [2] entries?

B.) are my [1] statements accurate about your policies on Beta software
(which I expect includes most 2.0 stuff)?  If you are willing to share a
Beta viewer with the WAI people, please let me know (reply off-list, if you
like).  To repeat what I said before, this is distinct from our critical
need to verify CR-exit criteria.  But would be helpful to WAI people, who
are to provide revised-language suggestions for a brief new non-normative
accessibility appendix (app.E, presently in draft form).

-Lofton.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Sep/0030
[2] http://www.cgmopen.org/webcgm/viewers.html