Subject: Fwd: Re: CGM in the context of JQuery

WebCGM TC,

I have replied that I'm unaware of any collaborative JQuery effort for CGM.  Feel free to reply to Tony if you can add anything to the answer to his question...

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:47:49 -0600
To: Tony Eastwood <aceastwood@gmail.com>
From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Subject: Re: CGM in the context of JQuery
Cc: stuart.a.galt@boeing.com

Tony,

I am not aware of any collaborative JQuery effort for CGM.  [...]

-Lofton.

At 11:03 AM 3/16/2011 +0000, Tony Eastwood wrote:
Lofton

I was considering sending the question below to the cgmo-webcgm-comment@lists.oasis-open.org list.

Is it the sort of question that should be sent to that list?:

I have question relating to the operation of WebCGM within the JQuery framework.

I notice that increasing number of  developers are using JQuery for complex web sites, particularly for  what one could call private documentation systems, where the 'data set' is a set of drawings held on a pen drive or private network.  Embedding SVG in JQuery  is easy as there is an excellent jQuery SVG library (http://keith-wood.name/svg.html) available under GPL.

It would seem essential that a similar library is made available for CGM.  Are there any collaborative efforts planned in this area?

regards

Tony Eastwood

Penrhyn Metadata
N Wales.