Subject: [chairs] posting messages with large attachments

Chairs:

We've had a request for some sort of facility for immediately posting
large documents to the OASIS web site. This is because 1) some members
are unable to receive large attachments via their (free) email service,
and 2) it may take 24 hours to get a submitted document posted when
submitted to the OASIS webmaster. If a document is distributed during a
TC concall, for example, speed is quite important.

We've put together a web page where documents can be posted via an
automated function, and the document will only remain on the server for
a short period of time. Documents that need to stay on the server should
be submitted to the OASIS webmaster (webmaster@oasis-open.org) as is
currently done.

The submitter should go to http://www.oasis-open.org/upload.phtml To
upload files, click on the "Browse" button and select the file you wish
to upload.  Next, click on the "Upload Files" button to upload the file.
Once the file is uploaded, you will be given the URL where the document
will appear. You should give this URL to the people who need to receive
this document. The files will be stored within the temporary upload
repository for just a few days.

Please send this information out to your TC members as appropriate.
Please don't mention this outside of your TC, as we don't want this
misused.

p.s. We've built this functionality at the request of a couple of TC
participants, but realize that there is a lot of potential for misuse.
If we see the functionality being misused it will be turned off.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206