Subject: [chairs] OASIS TC meetings at Barcelona conference

Chairs:

You're probably aware of the upcoming XML Europe 2002 conference in
Barcelona, the week of 19 May (see http://www.xmleurope.com/). OASIS has
always been very actievly involved in the IDEAlliance XML conferences,
and will do this same for the conference. We want to use this as an
opportunity to promote our technical work for the European audience.

On Thursday and Friday of the conference week OASIS will sponsor
technical committee meetings. We will provide meeting facilities for all
OASIS TCs who choose to meet that week. We urge all TCs who will have
members attending the conference to schedule meetings for these two days
in Barcelona.

We would especially like to see different TCs meeting together. It's not
always easy to schedule joint meetings, but a conference such as this
presents an ideal opportunity for collaborative work. We've been making
a big effort lately to promote collaboration between TCs; I'm sure that
you'll agree how important it is for everyone to be meeting together to
set up liaisons, conduct joint technical discussions, and create plans
for on-going joint work.

The conference is still four months away, but we'll need time to
schedule facilities, etc. Please respond by 15 March to Dee Schur
(dee.schur@oasis-open.org), our conference coordinator, to let her know
that you will be holding a TC meeting, which day(s), whether full day or
half day, the expected number of attendees, and facilities required.
(While we prefer to see all TCs meeting together on Thursday and/or
Friday, if another day of that week would work better for your TC we
will try to accomodate that also.)

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations