ciq message

Subject: RE: [ciq] requirements for the next version of xNL and xAL

CIQ TC,

We also need to think about when to release a new version of CIQ
standards given that the last release happened only in July 2002.

We have to be very careful on when to release a new version as we should
not be percieved as being changing the specifications way too often as
it could backfire on us very badly.

Any views?

Regards

Ram
-----Original Message-----
From: Ram Kumar [mailto:rkumar@msi.com.au]
Sent: Monday, 14 April 2003 10:20 AM
To: ciq@lists.oasis-open.org

CIQ TC,

Please have a look at the draft specifications of the proposed xNL standard
(the next version). This version assumes that DTDs will not be supported and
therefore, enables to use the power of XML schema to make the xNL standard
more robust and easier to implement.

We need to make a decision on whether we want to continue supporting DTDs
for our next version of CIQ standards.

Max will submit a draft version of xAL for review too. Once it is submitted, I will
set up a deadline for reviewing the drafts and will call for a CIQ TC conference call
in which we will discuss the draft and other stuff.

If you have any issues, please feel free to discuss.

Regards

Ram