ciq message

Subject: [ciq] Fw: Re: FYI: Draft Address Data Content Standard

Ram,

I would not sweat these in-country standards!

Leave 'em be!!

The USPS has its own too - and I'm sure the Bundesposte,
etc, etc, etc.

It's up to them to do the mapping, and since the UK say
they are going to use CIQ for out-of-country - that's
brilliant news!  Enjoy your wins, and don't worry about
the other stuff.

BTW - We really, really, really need to start moving on
the CAM templates for all this.   That way you can build
a CAM template for each of these in-country formats
that cross-walks it to CIQ and back.   But better yet,
having pre-built country specific CAM templates is a
major win for CIQ since people can just use these
'off-the-shelf' - and that will make them more inclined
to migrate.

Using Joe Lubnows excellent rule analysis we can
easily build the USPS CAM / CIQ template - and from
that example - fan out and start pulling in the other
major postal countries....

I'm only one set of hands though - so right now - we
have lots of CAM examples to work from - we just
need people to help with building and testing
these postal templates....

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by "Ram Kumar"

Hmmm,

Yet another address standard. It is very unfortunate that
people keep re-inventing the wheel and I am sure this will
never stop! I will look into the new standard and will show
how it is a subset of the CIQ standard for address info.

Regards,

Ram<