ciq message

Subject: RE: [ciq] Fw: Re: FYI: Draft Address Data Content Standard

David

Thank you.

> BTW - We really, really, really need to start moving on
> the CAM templates for all this.   That way you can build
> a CAM template for each of these in-country formats
> that cross-walks it to CIQ and back.   But better yet,
> having pre-built country specific CAM templates is a
> major win for CIQ since people can just use these
> 'off-the-shelf' - and that will make them more inclined
> to migrate.

I agree.

> Using Joe Lubnows excellent rule analysis we can
> easily build the USPS CAM / CIQ template - and from
> that example - fan out and start pulling in the other
> major postal countries....

Agreed.

> I'm only one set of hands though - so right now - we
> have lots of CAM examples to work from - we just
> need people to help with building and testing
> these postal templates....

Yes, I understand. It is time to start looking into this
and I will need the help of people like Joe regarding this.
It will be great to start with a simple CAM template that
maps PATDL and xAL standards. Joe, what do you think?

Ram

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ciq/members/leave_workgroup.php