ciq message

Subject: Re: [ciq] Fw: Re: FYI: Draft Address Data Content Standard

I'll be glad to help with this effort to bridge xNAL and PATDL and learn along the way.  Perhaps Ram should take the first try to use address data with CAM, and then I can benefit from his experience.  Does that make sense to you?

With regard to USPS templates, we have three which are intended to cover all valid USPS addresses in the AMS database, and this implies the existence of external "trigger conditions" that define which of the three to use for a particular address, based on the address data itself.

We are working on a single unified template, which simply internalizes the trigger conditions through branching logic that is either expressed directly in PATDL, or if too complex for that, represented by a named process that could be a callable module in executable form, or in an integrated environment, a separate code module.  Does CAM allow for callable modules in executable form?  If not, we could simplify the conditions so that they can all be expressed in parameters that a PATDL interpreter could directly implement, and I expect CAM could easily digest, such as testing whether a field is populated or has one of a set of values.

As for the elements themselves, I don't think this is a problem as the USPS addresses use only elements which are easily mapped to each other whether one is using xNAL, the UPU codes, ADIS codes or mnemonics, or ECCMA codes.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 10:23 AM

Ram,

OK - if you can send me some kind of small sample - I can
at least make a start for you -  to get the ball rolling.

I know its hard to assimulate that first 'Ah ha' - so samplers
work best.  CAM is designed to be easy to pick up - so
once you get your feet wet I'm sure you'll have no
trouble running with it.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by "Ram Kumar"
>Yes, I understand. It is time to start looking into this
and I will need the help of people like Joe regarding this.
It will be great to start with a simple CAM template that
maps PATDL and xAL standards. Joe, what do you think?

Ram<

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ciq/members/leave_workgroup.php